My survey result

 

On July 6 to July 8 in this year, I asked my friends to answer my survey on the problem of ambulance use. In this post, I will share the result of my survey.

There are 40 people who took part in my survey. 32 out of 40 people are at the age of 11 to 20, 7 are at the age of 21 to 30, and only one is in their fifty. As of gender, most of patients are women, 9 out of 40 are men, and two preferred not to answer this question. Also, all patients are Japanese and they all live in Japan, too.

I asked the participants “have you ever heard about the issue of charging an ambulance?” Then, the result is below. Surprisingly, more than half of all people answered that they have heard the issue. Also, I asked when did they know about the issue. Then most of people said that they know it when they were junior or senior high school.



Next, I asked whether they agree the idea of charging for an ambulance or not. Then, I could collect data which shows that nearly 70% of people stand the position of disagree. Personally, it was very surprised. I will pick up some reasons which I could collect for both side.

[reason for agree]

  • Since people who have mild disease refrain to call ambulance, more people will be saved.

  • There should be priority to help people.

  • It contributes to reduce the use of tax.

  • It can solve the lack of manpower.

  • Since there are few opportunity to call an ambulance in life, it is not tough for us. 

[reason for disagree]

  • People who really need help may hesitate to call an ambulance.

  • The possibility of survive will depend on the wealthy level.

  • Whether the disease is serious or not is not sure until the patient is diagnosed at the hospital.


After that, I asked people to decide the cost for an ambulance. As a reference, I wrote the cost of ambulance in some foreign countries. The result is here. 5,000 yen for one ride was chosen as the most favorite answer. The lowest cost was 500 yen. On the other hand, the most experts I’ve price my friend think of was 45,000 yen. It was really interesting because the answers were widely different from person to person.


As the last question, I asked people which do you like whether pay fee for an ambulance every time on ride or increase tax for free charge for an ambulance. As a result, about 60% of people said they want to pay fee every time. I think this is because most of participants was younger age and they don’t want to pay money for sometime they don’t know so far.





Comments

  1. Your survey results are well presented and I'm glad that you included charts since seeing data represented visually makes it much easier to understand . You did a good job asking relevant questions in your survey.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment