Answering 30 questions [Media attraction]




In this post, I will talk about the media’s attention towards the problem of inappropriate use of ambulances. I will address questions no.12, 22, and 29.


>How this issue on Japanese ambulance is seen by other countries? (Q12)

I found an article “The Wall Street Journal.” Although I couldn’t find an opinion toward Japanese ambulance system, but I think that this article helped widespread the problem that Japan have.

Ito, T. (2015, May 12). Japan's 'Free' Ambulance Rides May Come Under Review. The Wall Street Journal. https://www.wsj.com/articles/BL-JRTB-19938. 


>How this issue attracts (Japanese) people’s attention? (Q22)

To search data on this question, I used “Google Trend” which tell us when a word is  searched most by the Internet users. Since google collect data from 2004, I have data whose amount is about 17 years. 

In this site, I search a word “救急車有料化(charging for an ambulance).” According to the site, I can say that people’s attention is decreasing in those 17 years. Especially in 2004 and 2015 are the peak of searching. But slightly, the number of searching is increasing. So it might catch people’s attention again.

I’ll attach the result of the searching.




>How this issue is treated on media? (Q29)

I found a post on a website which was wrote 6 years ago. According to the post, a man who maybe an American surprised at the Japanese free ambulance. Since he don’t know that fact and afraid to pay much money when he was carried to the hospital, he must be feel relief by Japanese medical system.


Interestingly, I found similarities between the answer of those three questions.
That is 2015!! The article I introduced in the section for question 12 was issued in 2015. The word “救急車有料化” was second peak in 2015. What is more, an American posted his/her experience on a website in 2015. I was really curious what was happened in 2015!!

Comments